Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I will never leave you...

The same routine happens every weekday. I am getting myself and Scotty ready for daycare and work in the morning. About fifteen minutes before we have to walk out the door, I go outside to warm up the truck. Scott always runs to the door and the moment I step outside and shut the glass door behind me, he begins to cry.

I know he knows the routine by now. It has been this way since he was six months old. Yet he still cries every time. When I start back towards the door, he begins to smile with the tears full in his eyes. When I walk in the door, I always give him a hug and tell him "It's okay... I will NEVER leave you." It breaks my heart every time.
This reminds me of God's promise to us as well. In Hebrews 13:5 God has promised to us, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." (NIV). We are His children just like little Scotty is my child. I am sure what I feel is only a tiny sliver of God's love and faithfulness to us. I wonder how many times I break his heart? Too many to count, I am sure. I am so happy to know that when I feel lonely or sad that God has made this promise to me. It makes me feel loved and like I am a part of something much bigger than myself and what I can see.
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet email Jenny. It is so nice to meet you. Your little Scotty is precious! So glad to have a new blog to "stalk" haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice to meet you too Shannon! I am loving seeing your family and all the things I have to look forward to... and you are doubly blessed!! And yes, your blog will be "stalked" as well!! :) Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete