Saturday, September 11, 2010

101 in 1001

My friend Joy K has a great blog you should check out HERE.  She gave me the great idea of starting a 101 in 1001 list.  What is this you might ask?  This is a list of 101 things I would like to accomplish in 1001 days.  Now obviously there are things that I want to do that are not on this list.  For example, I need to get my baby girls room finished before she is born.  That is a given and isn't going to be on my list.  Also, things like Travel to Japan will not be on my list.  While that may be on my lifetime bucket list, it is not very likely I will travel to Japan within the next 1001 days.  So here is my list.  I hope you enjoy and feel free to leave a comment or offer some encouragement while you are here!  Completed items will be in blue.  These are in no particular order:


Start Date: September 13, 2010
Finish Date: June 11, 2013

Left To Do: 99
Completed: 3

1. Finish Scotty's Baby Book
2. Finish Scotty's First Year Photo Album/ Scrapbook
3. Stay up late/ wake up early in order to watch a meteor shower
4. Have a photography day with Dad
5. Brush up on my French by taking a class (either online or in person)
6. Take a photography class (either online or in person)
7. Read the Bible from start to finish
8. Return to the ocean
9. Lose 30 pounds (after the baby comes!)
10. Post something on my blog weekly
11. Organize my digital media
12. Finish my "Nantucket Rose" cross stitch
13. Visit somewhere that requires my passport
14. Organize my closet (September 18, 2010)
15. Pay off at least one credit card (and cut it up)
16. Host a game night
17. Redecorate our master bedroom
18. Turn some of my favorite photos into wall art, including nice framing
19. Sleep in a tent
20. Watch AFI's top 10 of 10 movies (List HERE)
21. Make a homemade strawberry cake (for Den's BD, November 4, 2010)
22. Go to a drive-in movie
23. Take my kids to the zoo
24. Buy a magic 8 ball
25. Buy a pair of red high heels
26. Make a will
27. Go to the Farmers Market
28. Write to someone who has inspired me
29. Go to a restaurant that serves food from a country I have never tried
30. Watch all of Audrey Hepburn's movies that I am able to get from Netflix (that I haven't already seen) (0/10)
31. Read 26 books starting with each letter of the alphabet (list HERE) (1/26)
32. Cook one new recipe a month from my recipe collection/ cookbooks
33. Make a family tree
34. Go to a vineyard/ winery
35. Stay at a bed and breakfast
36. See a play at TPAC
37. Start and finish my "Italy" scrapbook
38. Go on a hike
39. Watch every film version of Jane Eyre I can get from Netflix (that I haven't already seen) (0/5)
40. Volunteer in my community
41. Read at least one Jane Austen novel (Pride and Prejudice - completed December 30, 2010)
42. Join a book club
43. Go canoeing
44. Photograph a landscape from the same location, capturing all four seasons
45. Buy a cocktail dress and wear it out
46. Randomly pay for someone in line behind me at a drive-thru
47. Take a photograph for each letter of the alphabet
48. Give someone a handmade gift
49. Go to the Grand Ole Opry
50. Have a family portrait taken
51. Have a "date night" once a month, even if it just means popping popcorn and watching a movie once the kids are asleep.
52. Visit a National Park
53. Keep a journal for a year
54. Learn a new word-a-day for a month and use it in that days conversation
55. Memorize a poem
56. Go to a pottery painting place
57. Become CPR certified
58. Write down one blessing a day for a month
59. Drive a convertible
60. Organize all my crafts
61. Print out photos and put them in albums
62. Make sangria and enjoy it
63. Put our family photos on the wall
64. Learn the Thriller dance
65. Plan dinners a week at a time (for one month)
66. Have a candlelight dinner with my husband
67. Go to Cheekwood
68. Make an impulse buy
69. Buy something on Etsy (bought a baby beanie on September 13, 2010)
70. Do a 365 day photo challenge
71. Surprise someone I love with something special for no reason
72.  Put up curtains in at least one room of the house (baby girl's room Nov 21, 2010)
73. Watch all the movies in my Netflix queue
74. Go to the range and shoot my gun
75. Go to a fair
76. Visit a TN State Park I haven't been to
77. Unsubscribe from all my SPAM email
78. Buy a hummingbird feeder
79. Visit a state I haven't been to
80. Redecorate master bath (shower curtain and towels)
81. Listen more, talk less
82. Ride a train
83. Go through a corn maze
84. Renew my handgun carry permit
85. Go to Buster's and eat a Buster Burger
86. Organize my recipe collection
87. Make a hummingbird cake
88. Try the "water bag" fly repellent trick on the deck
89. Start adding money to the "France 2014" fund again regularly
90. Open a savings account for baby girl
91. Make a cheesecake
92. Have a spa day
93. Leave a 100% tip
94. Finish Christmas shopping before December 24 ( finished December 7, 2010)
95.  Organize my Christmas gift drawer (September 22, 2010)
96. Put $5 into my "France 2014" fund for each completed task
97. Back up all my digital media
98. Stay up for the New Year's Eve countdown
99. Host a theme party
100. Take photos in a photo booth
101. Crochet a scarf

4 comments:

  1. I love "have a photography day with Dad". That's a good one. There are lots of good ones on here! And if you take a photography class, let me know, I might come with you. :-)
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Amber!! And if you hear of a photography class, let ME know! :) And we can do it together... I have a nice camera, just not sure what to do with most of it. :) Glad you liked the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a month. Have you completed any more of these?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amber... nope, pretty slow going here... although I did finish one book on my list of 26. You would think with all my "extra" time right now I could mark some of these off my list! :)

    ReplyDelete