Friday, February 19, 2010

In the words of The Fifth Dimension....

..... Last Night I Didn't Get to Sleep At All.... no... noooooo...

But seriously, I maybe got a few hours. I don't know what happened but I kept coughing, then tossing and turning, then I could hear Scotty coughing... it just wasn't working for me! But I digress...

My friend Tanya has inspired me to start my blog again. At the same time, I have no idea of what I will write and then I also have so much to say! The first few blogs here will be playing catch-up from the last year or two. I promise to post many pictures and make the blog as enjoyable as possible.

I believe my last post was in September of 2009. Since then, Scotty P has grown soooo much. He is now running everywhere and babbling incessantly. He is keeping Dennis and me on our toes! I am still with the same job and LOVE it. What a blessing to be able to go to work every day with people you love and a job you love to do. Now that I am sitting here typing, I am realizing my life seems kinda simple and boring! But it's what I have been given and I love it. Dennis and I went to the Biltmore for a mini-vacation last year and my mom kept Scotty P. We had a great time and are looking forward to visiting Savannah and Charleston this spring.

One of my new loves is couponing. I don't know if anyone out there does it, but you totally should! It does take some time but is so worth the money you save! My most recent Publix run is shown here:


On this trip I bought:
3 (28oz) cans of Hunts tomatos
4 cans of Progresso soup
2 jars of Classico pasta sauce
1 box of Mueller's pasta
1 container of Crisco EVOO
1 large (214 count) bag of Huggies baby wipes
2 small (80 count each) bags of Publix baby wipes
1 Johnson's and Johnson's baby bath wash
1 bag Fresh Express salad
1 (4pack) of Yoplait Delights yogurt
Guess how much?? Can you guess?? Is the suspense killing you?? :) Ok, I got all that for $21.63 including tax. Not bad at all! Now granted, I believe this is how much groceries should cost anyway, before coupons... but unfortunately with a family of three, I feel like I need to take another mortgage out on the house just to feed us monthly!! And we all LOVE to eat!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Donations?

No comments:

Post a Comment