Monday, April 12, 2010

The Parish weekend April 10 and 11

Once again, not much excitement happened at our house this weekend.  We just enjoy spending time together. 

Saturday we had a nice day doing a lot of nothing.  Scotty P ran into the table leg and ended up having a huge line across his face (thankfully it went away the next day).  I just hate to see him hurt with big tears in his eyes!  In this photo, he is happy again!


Saturday, we tried Newk's for the very first time.  For those of you who have never been, you should definitely go!  It is a deli style place, kinda like Jason's Deli... but with a much nicer atmosphere.  The one at The Avenue in Murfreesboro is wonderful and the food was really good and reasonably priced for the amount of food you get!

Sunday was a full day.  We got up and Dennis put weed and feed on our lawn while I began to clean the inside of the house and Scotty took a nap.  When Scotty woke up, I dressed him in a cute sailboat outfit (courtesy of his Auntie Julianna).  I took some pictures inside and then he wanted to play outside and take after Daddy using the spreader.  What a ham!

Playing with Daddy's work gloves

Eating my alphabet letters and looking cute

I'll be helping Daddy in the yard very soon!

I don't want to get in the car and go!! 
Is this not the saddest face you have ever seen?
Tuckered out.
Once we were all ready to go we headed out to the Cool Springs area.  Our first stop was food.  We ate at Cool Cafe in Franklin.  This place has banana pudding that will make you slap yo' mama!!  And those of you who know me know that banana pudding is my weakness.  It is my favorite food of all.  I could live on banana pudding alone.  Am I drooling?  Anyway, Cool Cafe is great, they are a meat and three place that is small and intimate.  After eating there, we went to Best Buy at Cool Springs to get a part for our new car stereo.  I was so happy to run into a friend that I haven't seen in over 15 years!  It was great to get a hug!!  Next, we went to DSW Shoes and exchanged some CUTE shoes I bought online (just got a different size).  After all this, Scott was getting pretty tired.  We started back to Rutherford County and Scott took a little baby nap.  On our way back we stopped to look at some homes for sale, then we picked up the Tahoe so we can drop the car off at Best Buy for the stereo installation.  The installation bay at Best Buy is at the rear of the store, near a large patch of beautiful green grass so we let Scott run and play for a little while!  He is so fast!
It just so happened that it became dinnertime and Newk's was right there!!  So guess who ate at Newk's again on Sunday?  ME!  It was still good!  After this, Scotty was getting really really tired and fussy so we headed home.  It was a long day, but great to be able to spend it with family.  I love our non-exciting weekends together! 
We saw this sign on the way home and I thought it was funny.  Check out Yoda.


No comments:

Post a Comment